14.9.12

Please Stay Tuned.

I have been back-to-back on projects since May, and have had very little time to update my blog.  Keep an eye out for my new, updated website- it will be live by October 1st!

In the meantime, keep up with me on Facebook.

Here's a sneak peak of some of the things I've been involved with over the last 5 months!

Half of the recently finished "Here Goes Something" mural at the Brooklyn Navy Yard.  Over the course of approximately 3 1/2 months, I worked with Esteban de Valle and Joel Bergner, 19 4th and 5th graders and 14 teens and young adults.  This mural is inspired by the work of Howard Zinn, and tells the over 300-year story of the Navy Yard and it's symbiotic relationship with the multi-ethnic, multi-cultural working class of the surrounding community.  This project was organized through Groundswell.

A small section of the second half of "Here Goes Something".

I've also been spending lots of time with some of my favorite people in the world- the Parsons Scholars!  I work for this program as a youth advocate, and have the honor of working with brilliant colleagues and even more amazing young artists.  We did lots of things this year, from Whitney Houston soul train lines, to museum and studio visits, and a Trayvon Martin teach in and art collaboration.  You can learn more about the Scholars on our blog.


In June, I was invited by 656 Comics and Colectivo Fundamental to facilitate a series of workshops in Ciudad Juarez that resulted in a youth-led mural at Puente Reves. 


In September, I came to visit friends, comrades and mentors in San Diego and Los Angeles.  I painted with Glow and Beth Emmerich in Tijuana.  We painted for the young women who have been disappeared in Tijuana.

1 comments:

Post a Comment
  1. Looking fresh!!!!Awesome

Post a Comment