14.5.11

May Daze.

LUNCH!  (or, Saturday in Queens.)


Need to learn how to cook this.

My fetch came to me in a dream.




I really, really fucking love this new Raphael Saadiq record....so much so that I drew both of these on the train while rocking it since I copped it yesterday.  The first person to kill it with me on the dancefloor to this joint this summer gets my undivided schoolgirlcrush attention for at least a week.

Listen- if you are tryna holla at a thick grrl, you need to know that serenading her with this joint is the magic ticket-either by singing along, throwin it on a mix cd, or dancing mad close and sweaty.  Good lord.  Mr. Saadiq - Thank you.


BONUS!

Tropical Chip Cookie Recipe

I made these cookies for a work meeting and people loved them up.  I make variations on chocolate chip cookies all the time and firmly believe that there is nothing that quite shows people how much you adore them than bringing them baked goods.

Ingredients:
3 C Flour
2 tsp Soda
2 pinches kosher salt
2 1/4 stick of butter
1 1/2 C dark brown sugar
1 C granulated sugar (preferably vanilla sugar if you make your own)
3 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla
1 bag of semisweet choc chunks
1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup raw almonds
9oz dried pineapple
a decent hunk of ginger

Oven 375 degrees.  I start by grinding the almonds pretty fine in a coffee grinder I've reappropriated as a spice grinder.  Mix these up with the coconut, stick it in the oven as it warms up, spread evenly on a baking sheet checking frequently as it toasts (like 5 minutes, should be brown like this:)



 Cream the butter and sugars together, and while that's going, chop up the pineapple and grind up the ginger into kind of a paste.



Add eggs, salt, powder, vanilla, flour and mix it all up.  Then add all the other stuff, stick it in the oven.  Each batch takes like 10 minutes.   Make sure that while you're making everything you're thinking good thoughts, actively asking the cookies to "Be delicious!", having a beer with a girlfriend and talking about art and dreams and politics and boys.  The most important part, however, is to dance around the kitchen as they are baking.
And I swear they are really good.

1 comments:

Post a Comment
  1. Hey ms Mense! Dope Art!!! Saw Raphael out here and it was DOPE! He had his family at the show,very emotional night.

Post a Comment