9.5.11
I love sundays.

It's Spring in Bed - Stuy, folks.

After being sick all last week, I made up for lost time with some early morning drawing. Then brunch with Mensha: buckwheat pancakes and strawberry sauce. Bike ride in Prospect Park. It was the first time I've ridden a bike in 5 years and I am hooked again. Ran into Mau and Candy and broke out the frisbee. Then impromptu, last minute BBQ - the first of the season! There's nothing I love more on a Sunday night than caressing a grill to life... We made cheddar parmesan sage biscuits (trinidadian style), blackbeans with mushrooms, sweet potatoes with raspberry syrup and ginger, turmeric jasmine rice, hot dogs, grilled veggies, garlic chicken and mint tea with mint fresh from the garden.

Also someone needs to teach me how to take good shots with my DSLR at night.  I'm not good at this.

How on earth did I get so lucky? I am so profoundly grateful and humbled and can't wait to get the wall up in the backyard so we can just throw back sixes, grill up deliciousness, hit the wall, and shoot the shit.

Also -this SBTRKT joint is basically how my insides sound all the time.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment